The competition is open for entrepreneurial companies or startups from all industries, regardless of their legal form, activity or phase. The company must be entrepreneurially led and have a unique technology / business idea that can be applied in the packaging value chain.
We are looking for startups and interesting entrepreneurial/ innovative companies. The competition is directed towards companies with a unique business concept or innovation. Material, packaging, product design for the circular economy, logistics solutions for any industry of the entire packaging value chain are eligible for competition. Moreover, the other solutions such as smart labels; smart electronics; food safety; IoF and IoP; E-commerce; waste and recycling; new apps etc. are very interesting and eligible for the competition too. Please, observe that we are looking for innovations throughout the entire packaging value chain: raw material producers, machinery, converters, brand owners, retail, etc ending up with recycling.
The purpose is to establish better connections and collaborations between the packaging value chain and startup communities.
Registrations will be evaluated continuously
Last day for entries
Companies are selected to present at Packbridge Startup Day
Selected companies are presenting at Packbridge Startup Day
10 finalist are selected for the final round at Top Packaging Summit where the winner is selected
Top Packaging Summit 2019
Final at Top Packaging Summit 2019
- All entries are made via a form on the website.
- The last day for entry will be on April 15th 2019.
- 20 companies will be selected to present their solution during Packbridge Start Up Day on May 23rd, 2019.
- A total of 10 companies will be selected by the jury and go through to the final at Top Packaging Summit 2019. In the final, the contestants will have 4 minutes in which to carry out their presentation followed by questions. The winner will be presented.
The jury will consist of investors and experts from the packaging value chain with long experience within the industry.
The jury assessment will be based on:
- Validation. How unique the idea is.
- Efficiency. How well the idea-concept-product works.
- Scalability. How scalable the idea is.
- Sustainability. How sustainable the idea is.
- Profitability. What the market potential is.
- Team potential. What expertise the team have.